Texas A&M Bomb Threat: Dereon Kelly charged, second suspect being investigated
(CBS/AP) BRYAN, Texas -- A man has been charged in a false bomb threat at Texas A&M and his female friend, who is accused in a similar hoax at another university, is being investigated in both cases.
A&M police Lt. Allan Baron said Tuesday that the two suspects, Dereon Kelly and Brittany Henderson, are in a relationship, but he declined to elaborate.
Kelly and Henderson are jailed on charges of making a terroristic threat. Bond is $150,000 each.
Police allege that on Oct, 19, Kelly emailed a threat to A&M in College Station. Kelly was arrested hours later on unrelated fraud charges. He was charged Monday with the hoax.
Henderson was arrested last week over the Oct. 18 threat at Texas State University in San Marcos. Baron says she is a person of interest in the A&M case.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase