Krim Murders: Kevin Krim, father of NYC children allegedly killed by nanny, texts he is "heartbroken"
(CBS) NEW YORK - Kevin Krim, the father of the two children who were allegedly killed by their nanny in their luxury Manhattan apartment last week, sent a text thanking his friends for their concern as he tries to deal with the family tragedy.
People magazine reports that Krim, a CNBC digital media executive, texted his friends Friday, one day after his 6-year-old daughter, Lucia, and 2-year-old son, Leo, were stabbed to death in the bathroom of their Upper West Side apartment. Their bodies were discovered by their mother, Marina Krim, who entered the apartment building with their 3-year-old sister, Nessie.
"Thanks for your concern," Kevin Krim said. "Nessie woke up this morning and is doing fine. We're obviously heartbroken."
Marina Krim found her children dead in a blood-soaked bathtub Thursday, Oct. 25 with their 50-year-old nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, nearby, reportedly stabbing herself in the neck with a kitchen knife.
Police said Ortega woke from her medically induced coma Sunday, but she hasn't responded to their questioning.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt