Saanvi Venna Murder: Suspect identified in murder of grandmother, baby in suburban Phladelphia
(AP) BRIDGEPORT, Pa. - Raghunandan Yandamuri, a family friend charged with killing an infant and her grandmother in suburban Philadelphia, told police he dropped the baby as the grandmother charged at him during a botched kidnapping.
A police affidavit says Yandamuri targeted the family for a $50,000 ransom plot because both of the infant's parents had jobs. But no one ever contacted the couple after the child's grandmother was fatally stabbed and the girl went missing Monday.
Authorities say they found 10-month-old Saanvi Venna in a bloody white dress early Friday, hidden in a basement fitness room at the apartment complex where the suspect and victims all lived.
The 26-year-old Yandamuri is being held without bail on murder, kidnapping and other charges.
He does not have a lawyer and did not enter a plea at his arraignment Friday.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt