Saanvi Venna, Pa. baby missing after grandmother's murder, found dead, family friend in custody
(CBS/AP) UPPER MERION TOWNSHIP, Pa. -Saanvi Venna, the 10-month-old girl who has been missing since Oct. 22, has been found dead.
Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman says a family friend planned to kidnap the girl and hold her for a $50,000 ransom.
The suspect, who Ferman said assisted in the search for the little girl, was not identified by police and is facing several charges including murder, kidnapping, robbery and other related offenses, CBS Philly reports.
Venna had been missing since Oct. 22, the day her 60-year-old grandmother was found slain in the family's Upper Merion Township apartment. The girl was found dead in the basement of another building in the same apartment complex.
An autopsy is underway on the girl. The Montgomery County coroners says her grandmother, Satyavathi Venna, died of cuts of her neck and chest.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered