Gilberto Valle, alleged NYPD "cannibal cop," plotted to kidnap, cook women, authorities say
Gilberto Valle, 28, was arrested Wednesday and is expected to appear in federal court in Manhattan on Thursday.
According to a criminal complaint, the FBI intercepted emails from Valle to an unidentified co-conspirator "discussing plans to kidnap, rape, torture, kill, cook and eat body parts of a number of women."
The complaint says Valle kept files on his computer about more than 100 women, containing a photo and address for each, CBS New York reports. Valle allegedly researched methods of "disabling and drugging women, and agreeing with at least one other individual to kidnap a woman in exchange for a sum of money."
No women were actually harmed.
According to CBS New York, Valle allegedly told a co-conspirator his oven was "big enough to fit one of these girls if I folded their legs." He also wrote "I can just show up at her home unannounced... I can knock her out."
"I was thinking of tying her body onto some kind of apparatus... cook her over a low heat, keep her alive as long as possible," Valle allegedly wrote.
The New York Police Department patrolman lives in Queens. He had been assigned to a Manhattan precinct before being suspended Wednesday.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths