Brother-in-law arrested in slaying of California mom, toddlers
Sacramento County Sheriff's Department spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos said "something bad was brewing for some time" between the suspect, Grigoriy Bukhantsov, and his extended family.
Police have not yet identified the victims.
Bukhantsov was taken into custody around 2 a.m. Wednesday morning at a Placer County Denny's after police spotted a white minivan belonging to the victims' family parked outside.
Police say they found the 19-year-old sleeping in a booth at the restaurant, along with a plate of chicken fried steak with gravy. He was then taken in for questioning.
"Based on that interview as well as what we have learned throughout the investigation since yesterday afternoon, we have arrested him for the murders of all three victims," Ramos said. "We believe he is the only person responsible for this. We're not looking for any outstanding suspects at this time."
Bukhantsov was being booked at Sacramento County Jail.
Ramos described the manner of the attack as "stabbing, slashing" but declined to go into further details pending a coroner's inquiry.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles