Brother-in-law arrested in slaying of California mom, toddlers
Sacramento County Sheriff's Department spokesman Sgt. Jason Ramos said "something bad was brewing for some time" between the suspect, Grigoriy Bukhantsov, and his extended family.
Police have not yet identified the victims.
Bukhantsov was taken into custody around 2 a.m. Wednesday morning at a Placer County Denny's after police spotted a white minivan belonging to the victims' family parked outside.
Police say they found the 19-year-old sleeping in a booth at the restaurant, along with a plate of chicken fried steak with gravy. He was then taken in for questioning.
"Based on that interview as well as what we have learned throughout the investigation since yesterday afternoon, we have arrested him for the murders of all three victims," Ramos said. "We believe he is the only person responsible for this. We're not looking for any outstanding suspects at this time."
Bukhantsov was being booked at Sacramento County Jail.
Ramos described the manner of the attack as "stabbing, slashing" but declined to go into further details pending a coroner's inquiry.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case