Whitney Heichel Murder: Suspect Jonathan Holt accused of kidnapping, sodomy, robbery and 7 counts of aggravated murder
(CBS/AP) OREGON CITY, Ore. - Court documents released Monday accuse Jonathan Holt of committing kidnapping, sodomy and robbery in the course of allegedly killing Oregon barista Whitney Heichel.
Holt, who turns 25 on Wednesday, appeared via video at the Clackamas County courthouse on Monday for his arraignment on seven counts of aggravated murder. Holt wore an anti-suicide smock and did not enter a plea.
An autopsy shows Heichel died of multiple gunshot wounds.
Heichel, 21, disappeared Oct. 16 after leaving her Gresham home for a 7 a.m. shift at a nearby Starbucks. Her Ford Explorer was found at a Walmart six hours later with the passenger side window smashed. Her body was found on the night of Oct. 19 on Larch Mountain, east of Gresham.
Holt was a neighbor of the Heichels and authorities have described them as acquaintances. Heichel's family released a statement in which they revealed that Holt was a member of their Jehovah's Witnesses congregation, though he only sporadically attended meetings.
The family said it had no indication that Holt was "capable of being involved in what is alleged to have happened."
"Jonathan's wife is, too, an innocent victim," the statement read, "and our love and support is as strong for her and her family."
Holt is expected to make a second appearance Friday. He is currently held without bail in the county jail.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Details surface about Zimmerman jury candidate pool
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple