Whitney Heichel murder autopsy shows barista died of multiple gunshot wounds
(CBS) SALEM, Ore. - A medical examiner has determined that Whitney Heichel, the Oregon barista who went missing Oct. 16 and whose body was found three days later, died of multiple gunshot wounds, reports CBS affiliate KOIN.
The station also reports that Jonathan Holt, 24, the suspect in her death, attended the same Jehovah's Witness church as Heichel, 21, and her husband. Holt and his wife also reportedly lived in the same apartment complex as the Heichels.
Holt has been charged with three counts of aggravated murder and is expected to be arraigned Monday afternoon.
Officials said Holt grew up in northeast Portland. Neighbors at his childhood home describe him as an ordinary boy and say they never saw any problems.
Holt attended Parkrose High School, neighbors said.
Andrea Stevenson, executive assistant to the superintendent of the Parkrose School District, confirmed to KOIN that Holt attended all four years at the high school. Stevenson said Holt graduated in 2006 with an overall grade point average of 3.35.
He married his longtime girlfriend in 2010, officials said. The couple lived in a Gresham apartment complex and then moved to the same complex as Heichel in recent months, neighbors told KOIN.
Holt was transported from the Multnomah County Detention Center to the Clackamas County Jail over the weekend. A jail spokesman for the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office said Holt remains on suicide watch - which is not uncommon in a high profile case.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths