Autumn Pasquale Missing: Authorities searching for 12-year-old New Jersey girl
(CBS) CLAYTON, N.J. - New Jersey State Police are asking for the public's help in their search for Autumn Pasquale, a missing 12-year-old girl who disappeared from her father's home in Clayton, New Jersey on Saturday, CBS Philly reports.
Pasquale was last seen leaving her father's home on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. on a white BMX Odyssey bike.
"When you wake up in the morning and your daughter's still not home, it's time to panic," said Autumn's mother Jenn Cornwall, "I don't know who she was supposed to meet up with. She just left and said she was meeting a friend."
She communicated with her mom by phone about 15 minutes after she left the home. Cornwall says they briefly texted back and forth.
Family, friends and neighbors have been searching for Pasquale since her father reported her missing around 9:30 p.m. on Saturday. Clayton Police were joined by the Gloucester County Child Abduction Response Team of K-9 units and officers and firefighters from surrounding towns. The FBI is also involved in the search, and a New Jersey State Police helicopter has searched the area.
Autumn's father, Tony Pasquale, said his daughter would not have left on her own.
"The police expressed runaway," he said. "I totally disagree with that, because it's not her at all. She's responsible, respectful. She's a good girl."
Pasquale is 5'2" and weighs 120 pounds. She has long, wavy blonde hair with pink highlights, which is usually pulled back in a ponytail. She was last seen wearing navy blue sweatpants over navy blue shorts, a yellow t-shirt with "Clayton Soccer" written on the front, bright blue high-top sneakers and a light grey or silver backpack with the word "reckless" on the back.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts should contact the Clayton Police Department at 856-881-2301.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call