Molotov cocktail thrown into Va. mall, suspect expected to face federal charges
(CBS) ARLINGTON, Va.- Federal charges are expected against Leon A. Traille, Jr., who was arrested by Arlington County police after he allegedly threw a Molotov cocktail inside the Ballston Common Mall on Thursday, WUSA reports.
The 29-year-old is accused of reckless endangerment, attempted malicious bodily injury by use of fire, and use of a fire bomb.
Traille was located and arrested three hours after police closed the mall and searched the nearby area. He was then questioned by the FBI, ATF and police.
A bomb technician examined the backpack belonging to the suspect; police said they later found three more similar devices inside the mall.
Traille was due in Arlington County Court Friday for a preliminary hearing, police say.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence