Denver bar set on fire to mask slaying of 5 found dead inside, police say
The fire at Fero's Bar & Grill was reported around closing time at 2 a.m. Wednesday, Police Chief Robert White said.
"The business has obviously been set on fire, an arson, I'm guessing, to mask the homicide that occurred inside," said police Commander Ronald Saunier.
"There is just trauma, enough information to believe that we have a homicide that occurred here. They didn't perish in the fire."
White wouldn't elaborate when asked about how the victims might have died, and he said so far it's not clear how much the bar was damaged, CBS Denver reports. So far none of the victims' names have been released, and there is no word on a suspect description.
The bar is located in a strip mall about five miles south of downtown Denver on one of the city's busiest streets, Colorado Boulevard. It serves bar food and a few Asian dishes. Other businesses in the strip mall include a check cashing store.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details