Aneta Marsek, Ill. mother, missing with two young daughters
(CBS/WBBM) - Authorities in Illinois are asking for the public's help in tracking down a suburban Chicago woman who disappeared Saturday with her two young daughters.
According to CBS Chicago, family members told Lake County police that 33-year-old Aneta Marsek, two-year-old Chevelle and four-month-old Macenzie have not been seen since the evening of Oct. 6.
The 33-year-old Volo woman was reported missing by her estranged husband, Dan Marsek, the station reports. Police said she was last seen leaving her parents' home in Wauconda on Saturday.
Aneta Marsek is described as 5-foot-10, 150 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes. She drives a black Chevrolet Trainblazer with the license plate CZAJA28, according to state police, who issued an "endangered missing person notification" on Thursday, CBS Chicago reports.
While state police say the case does not merit the issuance of an Amber Alert, they are labeling the disappearance as due to unexplained or suspicious circumstances, the station reports.
Anyone with information about Aneta Marsek and her missing children is asked to call (847) 377-4250 or (847) 549-5200.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered