Alexis Wright Case: Maine judge won't block names of alleged clients of Zumba instructor accused of prostitution
(CBS) KENNEBUNK, Maine -- A Maine judge won't block the release of the names of alleged clients of Alexis Wright, a fitness instructor accused of running a prostitution operation out of her Zumba fitness studio in a southern Maine town.
Wright, 29, pleaded not guilty to 106 counts of prostitution, invasion of privacy, tax evasion and other charges for allegedly accepting money for sex and secretly videotaping her encounters. Her business partner, Mark Strong Sr., a 57-year-old insurance agent and private investigator, pleaded not guilty to 59 misdemeanor charges for his alleged role.
Kennebunk police have been issuing summons to Wright's alleged clients and said the names will be released in bi-weekly police activity reports beginning Friday.
A lawyer for two of the suspected clients tried to stop the release of the list but the judge rejected the motion late Thursday. The order was filed Friday.
Townspeople were waiting with curiosity for the release of the names. Residents said they've heard it could include lawyers, law enforcement officers and some well-known names.
Strong's attorney said he has a list of 150 people or more who were alleged customers, but that he wouldn't release the names unless they're called as witnesses if the case goes to trial.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles