Bob Bashara, Mich. man, pleads guilty to solicitation of murder
(CBS) DETROIT -- Bob Bashara pleaded guilty Tuesday to solicitation of murder for trying to hire a hitman to kill Joseph Gentz, the man accused of killing Bashara's wife, CBS Detroit reports.
Bashara read a statement before the Wayne County Circuit Court, admitting that he "foolishly and regrettably" offered to pay a man to find someone to kill Gentz in June.
His sentencing is set for November 20. In a plea deal, Bashara's attorney and the prosecutor's office agreed to seek a lighter prison sentence. He is facing between four to seven years in prison.
The body of 56-year-old Jane Bashara, mother of two, was found in the back of her Mercedes-Benz SUV in a Detroit alley on January 25.
Gentz, who worked as a handyman for Bob Bashara, was charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy charges. Bashara was called a suspect in his wife's death but has not been charged in that case.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths