Bob Bashara, Mich. man, pleads guilty to solicitation of murder
(CBS) DETROIT -- Bob Bashara pleaded guilty Tuesday to solicitation of murder for trying to hire a hitman to kill Joseph Gentz, the man accused of killing Bashara's wife, CBS Detroit reports.
Bashara read a statement before the Wayne County Circuit Court, admitting that he "foolishly and regrettably" offered to pay a man to find someone to kill Gentz in June.
His sentencing is set for November 20. In a plea deal, Bashara's attorney and the prosecutor's office agreed to seek a lighter prison sentence. He is facing between four to seven years in prison.
The body of 56-year-old Jane Bashara, mother of two, was found in the back of her Mercedes-Benz SUV in a Detroit alley on January 25.
Gentz, who worked as a handyman for Bob Bashara, was charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy charges. Bashara was called a suspect in his wife's death but has not been charged in that case.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide