Boos for booze: Restaurant in Wales sorry for serving alcohol to child
The BBC reported that little Sonny Rees was taken to a hospital emergency room after drinking whiskey at his second birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea, Wales.
Sonny's mom said the boy was clearly intoxicated. She said she tasted his drink after noticing that he was making a funny face. At the hospital, the staff monitored Sonny's vital signs and later gave him the all-clear.
The Frankie and Benny's chain said Thursday it was extremely sorry for Saturday's incident, calling it a case of human error, and said it's looking into what systems need to be put in place to ensure that it does not happen again.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web