Jerry Sandusky Sentenced: Prosecutor says former Penn State football coach ran "a victim factory"
CBS News's Paula Reid reports that McGettigan chastised Sandusky for the statement, saying, "his statement is an insults to the true victims. It is an insult to the court and the jury."
He went on to say that Sandusky's prestigious position within the Penn State community was "a cloak" for his "real life for rampant degradation of children." He accused Sandusky of running a "victim factory," saying "He inserted himself into the lives of children. It was cruel beyond imagining."
The man known as "Victim 6" wept as he spoke at the hearing, telling Sandusky, "That night you told me you were the tickle monster so you could touch my 11-year old body and get me to think that what you were doing was ok. I have been left with deep painful wounds."
The man known as "Victim 4," also spoke, saying "I don't forgive you. I grew up in a bad situation and you made it worse. My only regret is that I did not come forward and tell others what happened. '"I hope others that were abused after me will forgive me for not coming forward sooner."
Another man, known as "Victim 5," stated that to to this day, he is "troubled with flashbacks of [Sandusky's] naked body."
At Tuesday's sentencing hearing, Sandusky was designated a "sexually violent" predator. He spoke for about 15 minutes, his voice cracking at times, before Judge John Cleland pronounced sentence, claiming he is the victim of a conspiracy involving Penn State, the media, investigators and civil attorneys.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web