Two-year-old Mich. boy found abandoned in car with crack pipe
(CBS) PONTIAC, Mich.- A 2-year-old boy was found sleeping in a locked vehicle with a crack pipe and a juice bottle containing alcohol on Saturday, CBS Detroit reports.
Police said the child's 48-year-old aunt arrived at the scene later and told investigators that she had been with the child's 44-year-old mother, who had run out of gas. Instead of finding gas, the mother left the vehicle and her son in search of drugs, the aunt told investigators.
The boy was unharmed and police left him in the custody of his father.
After being questioned, the aunt was released pending possible child neglect charges. A warrant will be sought for the mother's arrest, officials said.
No names have been released, CBS Detroit reported.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered