Christian Aguilar: Volunteer search ends for missing Florida teen
(CBS) GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The volunteer search for missing University of Florida student Christian Aguilar will end tonight, as police continue the official search for the South Florida teen who disappeared more than two weeks ago, CBS Miami reports.
Gainesville police said that as of 5 p.m. Friday, they will no longer be coordinating the volunteer effort to find 18-year-old Aguilar, who is presumed dead.
Hundreds of volunteers came from all over the state to help search multiple areas in Florida, especially in the Miami area where Aguilar graduated from high school, according to police.
Law enforcement officers will continue to search additional areas. Police emphasized that any evidence recovered this late into the search should be handled only by law enforcement.
Aguilar's friend Pedro Bravo is being held without bond at the Alachua County Jail on first-degree murder charges in connection with the disappearance. Police found Aguilar's backpack in the bedroom closet of Bravo's apartment and blood was found in several locations of Bravo's 2004 Chevrolet Blazer, according to court records.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case