Patrick Hudson, Texas man, threatens to shoot schoolchildren and stream the killings online, police say
(CBS/AP) HOUSTON - Patrick Hudson, a 19-year-old suburban Houston man, appeared in court Wednesday after he allegedly made threats online about shooting children at an elementary school and streaming the killings live, CBS Houston reports.
FBI and Harris County authorities arrested Hudson on Tuesday on a felony charge of making a terrorist threat. He appeared in a Harris County court the next day and is being held on $100,000 bond.
The FBI said in a statement that they received a tip saying that Hudson wrote in an Internet chat room about committing suicide after killing elementary school students in Katy, just west of Houston.
"What better way to go out with a bang than killing a bunch of little kids," SS_Patrick posted, according to court documents.
The posts also contained statements of him wanting to leave a few of the children alive and asking for advice about how to stream the killings live on the Internet, the Houston Chronicle reported.
Records show Hudson acknowledged the postings to investigators when they arrested him but he insisted that the posts were a joke.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker