Video shows South Carolina inmate punching attorney in the mouth
The attack happened in the courtroom around 5 p.m. at the Moss Justice Center, according to a report by the York County Sheriff's Office.
The video shows Lamarcus Williamson raising his shackled arms up and hitting his public defender, Daniel Hall, in the mouth. The assault occurred in front of the judge and other courtroom officials, who were also caught on camera.
According to ABC affiliate WSOC, Williamson was in court to plead guilty to robbery, drug and assault charges. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison on the original charges, and the judge tacked on another six months for criminal content.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin