Video shows South Carolina inmate punching attorney in the mouth
The attack happened in the courtroom around 5 p.m. at the Moss Justice Center, according to a report by the York County Sheriff's Office.
The video shows Lamarcus Williamson raising his shackled arms up and hitting his public defender, Daniel Hall, in the mouth. The assault occurred in front of the judge and other courtroom officials, who were also caught on camera.
According to ABC affiliate WSOC, Williamson was in court to plead guilty to robbery, drug and assault charges. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison on the original charges, and the judge tacked on another six months for criminal content.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors