Jeremiah Carmody, Pa. man, tries to eat pot plant before arrest, report says
(CBS/AP) SCRANTON, Pa.- Jeremiah Carmody, an alleged pot dealer, faces several drug related charges after trying to destroy evidence by eating a marijuana plant on Monday, CBS Springfield reports.
The 33-year-old tried to eat the plant after authorities went to his house to serve him a warrant, police say.
Authorities ended up seizing the remains of the plant, four pounds of marijuana, and $2,600 in cash and drug paraphernalia.
Carmody remains in Lackawanna County prison awaiting arraignment.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case