Bonnie and Clyde guns sold at auction for $504K
(CBS/AP) NASHUA, N.H. - Two guns in the possession of notorious gangsters Bonnie and Clyde as they were killed in a hail of gunfire were sold for more than half a million dollars at a New Hampshire auction on Sunday.
The guns were two of 134 artifacts that sold for a total of $1.1 million at the RR Auction near Nashua. About two-thirds of the auctioned items were from Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker, but items also came from other notorious criminals, including Al Capone, Pretty Boy Floyd and John Dillinger.
Bonnie Parker's .38-caliber Detective Special that she had taped to her thigh when she was killed in 1934 drew the highest bid and sold for $264,000, said Bobby Livingston, vice president of the auction.
Clyde Barrow's 1911 Colt .45-caliber automatic sold for $240,000 to the same bidder, who didn't want to be named, Livingston said.
Many of the auction items came from the estate of the late collector Robert Davis, with the remainder coming from various other collections.
Some of the auction items were also linked to law enforcement officials including Elliot Ness and Texas Ranger Frank Hamer, who led a posse that tracked down and killed Bonnie and Clyde in Louisiana.
Livingston said that in addition to the guns, Clyde Barrow's pocket watch sold for $36,000. A 1921 Morgan silver dollar that was found in his pocket after he was killed sold for $32,000
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing