Abigaile LeFevers, missing N.C. 12-year-old found in Fla., sex offender suspect in custody
(AP) HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla.- Authorities say a 12-year-old North Carolina girl, Abigaile Faith LeFevers, who was the subject of a multi-state Amber Alert, has been found in South Florida and the man suspected of taking her is in custody.
The FBI says authorities stopped Lefevers and 38-year-old Timothy Newman, a registered sex offender, Wednesday night in Hallandale Beach.
According to a Facebook post on the wall of her father, Robert LeFevers, Abigaile is "being held in a safe house, in a church down in Miami, Florida...being treated. She should be flown back home Saturday, possibly Sunday."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"