Audrey Deen Miller, Texas woman, shot husband to protect pet cat, police say
According to CBS affiliate KHOU, 42-year-old Audrey Deen Miller has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Police say the incident occurred at the couple's Spring home around 7:30 a.m., KHOU reports. Miller and her husband were arguing when he threatened to shoot her cat with a pellet gun. Miller then pulled out a .40-caliber semiautomatic handgun and shot her husband in the stomach.
"The husband was trying to do something to the cat and the wife was just trying to protect her cat," said Assistant Police Chief Mark Herman.
Miller was arrested at the scene and her husband was transported to Ben Taub Hospital in stable condition, KHOU reports. The cat was not harmed.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case