St. Maarten Murder: Meyshane K. Johnson, suspect in S.C. couple's slaying, to appear in court
(CBS/AP) PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten - The man accused of killing South Carolina couple Michael and Thelma King, who were found in their Dutch Caribbean vacation home, is set to be arraigned in a St. Maarten court today.
The Kings, both in their 50s, were found stabbed to death in their beachfront condo on Friday. Thelma King was found tied to a chair and her husband was lying on the floor.
Meyshane K. Johnson, a 28-year-old Jamaica man, is being held in the couple's murder. Johnson, who works as a security guard in St. Maarten, denies any involvement.
Friends say the slain couple from Mount Pleasant, S.C., owned several homes. A business partner says he and Michael King were building a rum factory together in St. Maarten.
Local friends as well as family held a memorial for the couple Tuesday.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case