Drunken horseman arrested after chase, say Fla. cops
Let's just be grateful Paul Revere managed to stay sober.
Flagler County jail records show 29-year-old Charles Cowart was arrested Monday. He's being held on $7,000 bond on charges that include disorderly conduct, resisting arrest without violence and cruelty to animals.
According to a charging affidavit, officers responded to a report of an "intoxicated male riding a horse" and found Cowart riding over railroad tracks. He told officers he was headed to his grandmother's house and ignored orders to get off the horse. He took off and police chased him for more than a half-hour.
More on Crimesider
Sept. 20, 2012 - Kentucky man on horse arrested for DUI
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home