Michael Dowda, Mississippi prison escapee, captured in Georgia
The Clarion-Ledger reports the U.S. Marshal's Service took Dowda into custody in Macon, Ga., around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. Details on his arrest have not been released.
He faces extradition to Mississippi and multiple charges including escape.
Tara Booth, spokeswoman for the Mississippi Department of Corrections, says the 48-year-old Dowda broke into an employee's home on the prison grounds and stole two handugns from a safe on Saturday. He then allegedly stole the employee's truck and drove away.
The Clarion-Ledger reports court documents show that Dowda was serving time for the murder of his girlfriend, 25-year-old Lynette Jarrett of Woolmarket.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation