Christian Aguilar Missing: Pedro Bravo, Fla. teen, arrested as search continues for Univ. of Florida student
(CBS/AP) GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Police arrested a person of interest Monday afternoon in the case of Christian Aguilar, a University of Florida student who disappeared last week.
Gainesville police said 18-year-old Pedro Bravo faces third-degree felony charges of depriving a victim of a crime of medical treatment. Police said Bravo and 18-year-old Aguilar were fighting over a girl. Aguilar was last seen Thursday.
Police told the Gainesville Sun that Bravo gave them three versions of what happened. In one version, they just talked. In another, he hit Aguilar and then left. The other version has Bravo beating Aguilar unconscious before leaving him in a parking lot.
Police spokesman Ben Tobias said Bravo took investigators to several locations where he said he had been with Aguilar. Nothing was found at those locations.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case