Body of missing N.C. teen, Ken McLaurin Jr., believed found; 4 suspects charged
(CBS) GOLDSBORO, N.C.- Police said they have found remains they believe are those of missing 16-year-old, Kennedy "Ken" Fitzgerald McLaurin, CBS affiliate WRAL reports.
One of four men suspected of kidnapping the teenager nearly two weeks ago led authorities to remains buried on a remote farm near Seven Springs, McLaurin's mother told reporters on Saturday.
"I've got peace of mind. Now I know for sure, and I'm dealing with it," Kim Best said.
Curtis Omar Etheredy, 17, was the fourth suspect who surrendered to police early Saturday afternoon. Three other suspects, Jerome Julah Butts, 19, Leonard Eugene Joyner, 21, and Kevin Edward Smith, 18, had already been taken into custody.
All four men have been charged with murder and are being held in Wayne County jail without bond, WRAL reported.
Police have yet to comment on a motive but investigators say that the crime was neither gang-related nor random.
Ken McLaurin Sr. said that he is relieved that all four suspects involved in his son's death are in jail. The family is currently waiting for more answers though, including a positive identification and results of an autopsy by the state Medical Examiner's Office.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors