Megan Stammers, missing British teen, may be with 30-year-old teacher in France, authorities say
(CBS/AP) LONDON - The parents of a missing British schoolgirl believed to have run away with her teacher have issued a plea for her to come home.
Authorities believe Megan Stammers, 15, is in France with 30-year-old Jeremy Forrest, a math teacher at the Bishop Bell C of E School in East Sussex.
Her mother, Danielle Wilson, issued an emotional appeal Monday in a televised press conference with police, begging her daughter to get in touch.
Police believe the teen left of her own accord but say they need to hear that she is safe, urging Forrest to make contact with authorities.
The alarm was raised Friday after Megan failed to turn up for school. Police believe she and Forrest took a ferry to France.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests