Dawn Brown, Fla. mother, killed her young sons then committed suicide, authorities say
(CBS/AP) CLEARWATER, Fla. - Authorities in Florida say a man found his wife and two young children dead in their home.
Pinellas County Sheriff's officials said in a statement Saturday that the investigation is still ongoing, but it appears that 34-year-old Dawn Brown killed her children and then hanged herself.
Deputies responded to the Clearwater home shortly after 2 a.m. Saturday after receiving a call for help from 36-year-old Murphy Brown, the father of the children.
The children's cause of death will be released pending an autopsy. No further information has been released.
Neighbor Nichole Bell told The Tampa Tribune that she spoke with Dawn Brown at a recent back-to-school open house and couldn't believe the news because Brown appeared to be "interested in her kids' educations."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death