Michigan man fatally shot during drinking game
(CBS) BATTLE CREEK, Mich.- Nicholas Ullrich, a 34-year-old man from Battle Creek, Mich., was killed Wednesday night by a single gunshot wound to the head fired by a friend during a drinking game using a loaded revolver, the Detroit Free Press reports.
Police Detective Lt. Austin Simons told the Battle Creek Enquirer that Ullrich was found at a home where he and Samuel Castanier, also 34, were celebrating the birthday of a third man who was present. The men were drinking and playing with a revolver loaded with a single cartridge, according to Simons.
The men believed they were safe by looking at the cylinder before pulling the trigger, but forgot the loaded chamber advances when the trigger is pulled, Simons said.
Castanier remains in custody and faces open murder charges.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15