NYPD releases video of Lindsay Lohan incident involving Porsche, pedestrian
(CBS) NEW YORK - Police have released a surveillance video of an incident involving actress Linday Lohan in which she allegedly hit a pedestrian in front of a Manhattan hotel and did not stop, reports CBS New York.
The man she allegedly hit was later identified as Jose Rodriguez. In the video, a man is seen passing in front of a black Porsche that police said was being driven by Lohan.
As the Porsche turns into an alleyway between the Dream Hotel and the Maritime Hotel, the man is seen with his back to the car before he then steps to the side, police said.
After the Porsche is seen going down the alley in the video, the man can be seen following it into the passageway. After the incident, Rodriguez called 911 and was treated at the hospital and released for a knee injury, police said.
Police said the 26-year-old actress kept driving into the alleyway and went into the Dream Hotel's exclusive club "Electric Room." When she came out around 2:30 a.m., she was arrested.
Lohan was charged with leaving the scene of an accident causing an injury. No alcohol was involved in the incident, according to police.
Lohan's publicist, Steve Honig, said Wednesday that Lohan would be cleared of any wrongdoing and said the incident was "much ado about nothing."
Lohan is still on probation for stealing a necklace from a California jewelry store.
She was given a desk appearance ticket. Her court date is set for Oct. 23.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call