Pittsburgh Hostage Standoff: Klein Michael Thaxton, armed man, holding one hostage in downtown office building, police say
Pittsburgh police Chief Nate Harper identified the suspect as 22-year-old Klein Michael Thaxton. On his Facebook page, Thaxton says he's tired of the life he's lived and has "lost everything."
Harper said Thaxton entered the 16th floor office of a benefits administration firm around 8 a.m. Friday asking for the man he eventually took hostage.
Harper says Thaxton has been calm and cooperative but hasn't made any demands.
Police evacuated the building, Three Gateway Center, and surrounded it along with county, state and federal agents.
No injuries have been reported.
More on Crimesider
September 21, 2012 - Pittsburgh Hostage Standoff: Armed man holds one hostage in downtown office building, police say
September 21, 2012 - Pittsburgh SWAT team responds to hostage call at downtown high-rise office building
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case