Yeardley Love's sister says family worried about George Huguely's behavior
Huguely was sentenced in August to 23 years in prison for the 2010 murder of Love, his ex-girlfriend and a fellow University of Virginia lacrosse player.
In an interview Thursday on ABC's "Katie" with Katie Couric, Lexie Love said Huguely's behavior before her sister's death was shocking. Huguely had been arrested several times in the previous years. Huguely also sent Love a threatening email about her apparent physical relationship with a North Carolina lacrosse player the week before her death.
"I never knew anybody that had done such things like that," Love told Couric.
Lexie Love also said she had urged her sister to get a restraining order against Huguely, but that Yeardley "didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal."
In 2007, Huguely was arrested for possessing alcohol as a minor, ABC News reports.
Police in Lexington, Va., about 70 miles from the U. Va. campus in Charlottesville, said that in November 2008, Huguely was shocked with a stun gun by an officer there after resisting arrest for public intoxication. Last year he pleaded guilty to two charges in that case, was placed on six months of probation and given a 60-day sentence, which was suspended.
According to ABC News, Huguely in 2009 attacked a fellow lacrosse player who had been seen with Love, his girlfriend at the time.
According to CBS Baltimore, Yeardley Love's mother is launching a campaign against dating violence. The "Be 1 for Change" campaign educates young people about how to react if they witness such violence.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial