Lindsay Lohan arrested for leaving scene of NYC accident, police say
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - Lindsay Lohan was arrested early Wednesday after she allegedly clipped a Manhattan pedestrian with the Porsche she was driving and did not stop, police say.
Police said Lohan, 26, was arrested at 2:25 a.m. as she left a nightclub on charges of leaving the scene of an accident and causing injury. She was given a ticket and will have to appear in court at a later date.
Lohan was driving a black Porsche slowly through an alley between the Dream Hotel and the Maritime Hotel when the accident occurred. They said no alcohol was involved.
The victim called 911 and was treated at a hospital for a knee injury and later released.
It was the latest car accident involving Lohan. On June 8, Lohan was involved in a crash in California that sent her and her assistant to a hospital. They were on their way to a shoot for the film "Liz and Dick" when Lohan's Porsche collided with a dump truck on the Pacific Coast Highway. Neither was seriously injured and Lohan resumed shooting later in the day.
The accident remains under investigation and police have said they are trying to determine who was driving.
Lohan remains on informal probation for taking a necklace last year from a jewelry store without permission. She completed a strict counseling and morgue cleanup duty program implemented by a judge. She is not required to check in with a judge or probation officer, but she could face a jail term if she is re-arrested.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade