Carnival worker accused of molesting two children
According to the Cook County State's Attorney's office, Elias is charged with one felony count each of predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and manufacturing child pornography.
CBS Chicago reports that in July, a witness found a USB flash drive in a family storage area belonging to Elias. Upon opening files on the device, the witness found several video files, one of which allegedly depicted Elias sexually assaulting a child, prosecutors said.
The witness told a family member who called police. Elias was reportedly arrested on a warrant last week in Missouri while traveling with the carnival where he worked. He was ordered held without bond when he returned to Chicago.
The station reports that investigators later found several video images showing Elias assaulting each of the two toddlers, according to prosecutors. Both victims were identified, and prosecutors reportedly learned that they had been under Elias' care several times over the past year.
It is unknown whether or not Elias has a criminal record, what carnival company he worked for, or whether he was previously suspected of abusing any children at the carnival.
He is due back in court on October 2 and could face life in prison if convicted.
Less than two weeks ago, CBS Chicago reported that a 19-year-old carnival worker named Adam J. Moyers was accused of sexually assaulted a 3-year-old in a fun house at the Schaumburg Village Septemberfest. Moyers was charged with two counts of predatory criminal sexual assault.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case