14-year-old Detroit boy pleads guilty to killing his mother
(CBS) DETROIT - Joshua Smith, 14, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and a felony firearm charge on Monday in the shooting death of his mother, reports the Detroit Free Press.
The Detroit teen, who was charged as an adult, will be sentenced on Oct. 26. He is expected to be given between 27 and 52 years in prison.
According to police, Smith broke into a safe in his home and used his stepfather's gun to shoot him mother, Tamika Robinson, as she slept on February 27.
The two had apparently been arguing over the boy bringing home female friends and boys that his mother called "thugs."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details