Daquan Davis, New Jersey teen, charged with shaking baby to death
(CBS/AP) ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - Police have arrested 19-year-old Daquan Davis of Atlantic City, who is accused of fatally shaking an infant he was babysitting on Friday while the child's mother was at work.
Davis faces charges of manslaughter and child endangerment in the death of the 6-month-old child. He was held Saturday on $750,000 bail.
Acting County Prosecutor Jim McClain said Davis was caring for the infant while the child's mother was at work. When she returned home around 4 a.m. Friday, she found her son unresponsive and called 911.
The child was pronounced dead a short time later, and authorities were notified. A joint investigation by the prosecutor's office and Atlantic City authorities ensued and Davis was arrested late Friday night.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case