Jennifer Fletcher, Ohio mom, charged with stealing tax refund money from soldier son deployed overseas
(CBS/AP) MASSILLON, Ohio - Police in northeast Ohio have arrested a woman who is charged with stealing her son's income tax refunds while he was serving with the U.S. Army in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The Independent of Massillon reports police stopped 42-year Jennifer Fletcher on Sunday in Brewster and determined the vehicle she was driving was reported stolen. The newspaper says Fletcher is suspected of withdrawing $7,500 from her son's account in 2010 and 1011 and forging his signature to cash checks in his name.
Massillon Municipal Court records show she is charged with theft, identify fraud and forgery.
The court clerk's office says Fletcher was arraigned Monday and is being held on bond of $150,000. She was ordered to have no contact with her son.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen