Richard Keller, Mass. pediatrician, arrested on child pornography charges
(CBS/AP) BOSTON - Richard Keller, a pediatrician facing federal child pornography charges, has also been associated with two Massachusetts summer camps for children.
Keller, the former medical director of Phillips Academy in Andover and a Boston Children's Hospital endocrinologist, was arrested last week.
Federal prosecutors allege the 56-year-old Keller purchased more than 50 DVDs of child pornography online. During a search of his home, authorities say they found more than 500 photographs and 60 to 100 DVDs of child pornography.
Keller was involved for nearly three decades with Camp Joslin in Charlton, a camp for boys with diabetes, and also served at and Camp Mah-Kee-Nac in Lenox.
Spokespeople for both camps tell The Boston Globe they are not aware of any complaints against Keller. However, CBS Boston reports that according to Phillips Academy head, John Palfrey, Keller was reprimanded by Phillips Academy in 1999 for using a school computer to access adult pornography. Palfrey also told the station that Keller showed "an inappropriate cartoon" to students in 2002 and left "an inappropriate voice-mail message to a colleague at the school" in 2010.
Keller is scheduled to be in court Wednesday.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"