Okla. man's busy day: Sentenced to prison, married by same judge, then taken away by feds
Talk about the old ball and chain.
And did we mention the same judge handed down both "sentences"?
Here's how last Thursday went down for Austin and his longtime girlfriend Dustie Trojack.
They obtained their marriage license...then Austin pleaded guilty to the firearm charge and was sentenced...and then the same Oklahoma County judge, Jerry Bass, presided over the couple's wedding vows.
They kissed (not the judge) - and then federal authorities whisked Austin away to prison.
Austin's attorney, Scott M. Anderson, tells The Oklahoman that Austin helped raise Trojack's two sons and he didn't want to lose contact with them while he was serving time.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias' lawyers tried to quit, judge wouldn't let them
- Wife guilty of murder for pushing husband out window