Elizabeth Collins, Lyric Cook-Morrissey: Vigil planned tonight to mark two-month anniversary of missing Iowa cousins
(CBS) EVANSDALE, Iowa - A vigil is planned in Evansdale tonight to mark the two-month anniversary of the disappearance of Iowa cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins, the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports.
Collins, 9, and her cousin, Cook-Morrissey, 10, were last seen on July 13. The vigil will begin at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Meyers Lake, where bikes were found belonging to the missing girls.
FBI officials said they believe the girls were abducted after an extensive search around the lake.
T-shirts will be available at Thursday's vigil, with proceeds supporting the search for the missing Iowa cousins, the Courier reported. Religious readings will be conducted and the public is invited to bring candles for the observance. Children will have an opportunity to make letters or pictures to share in support of the missing girls.
Petitions will also be available for the public to sign for the so-called "Cousins Law," a proposed state law change regarding the timeliness of the process in which the public is notified when a child disappearance occurs, according to the Courier.
A can and bottle drive will be held on Sept. 22 in Waterloo, Iowa. Deposits from every can or bottle collected will go towards the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which assisted in the search for the missing girls and helped with a reward fund for information leading to locating them.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead