Fla. woman allegedly pulls gun on man during sex in moving vehicle
(CBS/WTSP) PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Amanda Jean Linscott of Port Charlotte was arrested on armed robbery charges after she allegedly pulled a gun on a man she was having sex with in a moving vehicle, a CBS affiliate WTSP reported.
Investigators say that the robbery victim's bizarre night began after he met two women at a pub in Port Charlotte on September 2. When the bar closed, the victim invited the women to his friend's home.
According to WTSP, the victim and one of the women went into a bedroom to have sex. Here, the girl told him that she needed $250; the victim only had $120 to give her. The two women then left the home when the victim went to the bathroom. He called the woman's cell phone number to find her, and they decided to meet at the Pick N Run store, the station reported.
When the man arrived at the store, 26-year-old Amanda Linscott walked up to his Nissan Sentra and got into his car, saying the other woman he had been expecting had ditched her.
According to the victim, once he started driving, Linscott began touching him and having sex with him.
The victim told detectives that she also said she needed money and he told her that he had already given her friend $120. Linscott then put a .357 Taurus revolver to his head and demanded money, the victim alleges.
While the car was still moving, he grabbed the gun and punched her in the head so that she would release the gun, WTSP reported. He then lost control of his car and struck a palm tree that sent them airborne, plowing across two front yards. Linscott got out of the car and fled the scene, leaving the gun behind.
The victim retrieved the gun, drove his wrecked Nissan Sentra to his friend's home, told them what happened and called the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office.
Road patrol deputies responding to the incident saw an elderly man standing in a driveway nearby to where the reported incident occurred. He told deputies that his daughter, Amanda Linscott, was in a vehicle crash and had been punched in the face.
Statements were taken from all parties by detectives and Linscott was soon arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail based on the evidence and statements. She remains there without bond.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home