Marckel Norman Ross, 18-year-old Md. high school student, fatally shot on way to school
The shooting occurred on Tuesday morning around 7 a.m. on Old Central Avenue. Officers arrived to find 18-year-old Marckel Norman Ross shot and killed.
A police spokeswoman said officers knew of no motive.
According to CBS affiliate WUSA, Central High School's principal described Ross as a well-regarded student who was in a fashion design group at the school. The station reports that Ross was a member of the track team and ROTC.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot