Kasia Rivera, NJ woman, denies causing penis injection death
The woman police say gave the injection, Kasia Rivera, appeared Tuesday in a Newark courtroom.
The Essex County prosecutor's office says 35-year-old Rivera gave 22-year-old Justin Street, who was seeking an enlargement, the injection in May.
Street died the next day. His death was ruled a homicide following an investigation and a medical examiner's determination he died of a silicone embolism.
Prosecutors say Rivera had no training to perform the procedure. They believe Rivera may have conducted similar unauthorized procedures out of her East Orange apartment, but no one else has stepped forward.
She remains free on $75,000 bail.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead