L.A. gynecologist charged with sexually assaulting patient
Dr. Pezeshki, a 43-year-old from Tarzana, is due in court on Tuesday after being arrested last month on two counts of assaulting a female patient. Authorities are investigating whether Pezeshki may have had other victims.
Investigators say that Pezeshki inappropriately touched a female paitent during an exam on September 9, 2008 at Northridge Hospital Medical Center. The woman said that when she turned around she saw the doctor pulling up the zipper of his pants, records show.
Several weeks later, Dr. Pezeshki conducted another examination of the woman after he performed surgery on her, the LA Times reports.
"Again he started hitting her on her back" and groped her "and then ejaculated on her bedsheets," according to a motion filed by Deputy Atty Gen. Cindy M. Lopez.
"The victim was smart enough to take the bedsheet and turn it in to police," Lopez wrote.
A subsequent DNA test by the LAPD crime lab determined that the DNA on the bedsheet matched the doctor.
Pezeshki is free on $200,000 bail following his arrest on August 8.
On Tuesday, attorneys for the California attorney general representing the Medical Board of California are going to ask a judge to require Pezeshki to stop practicing medicine pending the resolution of the criminal case.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found