Curtis Clinton arrested for killing Ohio woman, her two kids after being released from prison, police say
(CBS/AP) SANDUSKY, Ohio - Just six months after he was released from prison for strangling a woman to death, police arrested Curtis Clinton in the deaths of 23-year-old Heather Jackson and her two young children.
Officers found the bodies of Jackson, her three-year-old daughter and her 18-month-old son Saturday night at their home in Sandusky, a city in northern Ohio.
Curtis, a fellow Sandusky resident who knew Jackson for about five months, was arrested on charges of aggravated murder, police said. No additional details were given on how the woman and her children were killed.
Officers found 41-year-old Clinton at a hospital in nearby Bellevue on Monday and took him in for questioning, said Lt. John Orzech, interim assistant police chief. Orzech would not say why Clinton was at the hospital.
Clinton was held at the Erie County jail on Monday.
Clinton was also charged with rape in an unrelated case and was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.
Clinton spent 13 years in prison after pleading guilty in 1999 to involuntary manslaughter in the strangling death of a woman in Wood County, a city in northwest Ohio about 50 miles from Sandusky.
Two people who knew Jackson told the Toledo Blade that they believed her death was drug-related. Amanda Thoren reportedly said that Jackson was living out of her car and her children were staying with relatives before she moved into the house.
"She didn't keep good company," Thoren said. "She had a problem, but that never stopped her from being kind."
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.