Woman kills husband after mistaking him for intruder, authorities say
Police say the 53-year-old woman shot the 57-year-old man Monday, shortly after 11 a.m. at their home in the city's Lower 9th Ward.
Neither the name of the victim or his wife was released, pending notification of other family members.
No charges have been filed.
Police say the case will be turned over to the Orleans Parish District Attorney's Office for review.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out