Fla. man fatally shoots his grandmother and great-grandmother, report says
(CBS) MARION COUNTY, Fla.- Azael Angel Stevens, a 22-year-old Olcala man, was arrested early Sunday morning after allegedly shooting and killing his grandmother and great grandmother, Ocala.com reported.
The two women the 22-year-old allegedly killed, and whose identities have not been released, have taken care of Stevens "since he was a little boy," said neighbor Steven Johnson.
Jacqueline Gonzalez, 47, was staying at their Ocala home with Stevens, her 8-year-old son, and the two victims when Stevens woke her at gunpoint at 1:30 a.m. demanding her car keys, investigators say.
The commotion woke his grandmother and great-grandmother, and Stevens allegedly shot them both. Then, he shot Gonzalez in the face in front of the 8-year-old and fled the scene in her car.
Gonzalez and her son called 911 from the Johnson's home next door. Cops tracked Stevens down in the stolen car around 20 minutes later. He reportedly refused to talk to investigators.
Gonzalez was rushed to the hospital in an unknown condition, but was well enough to talk to detectives. Stevens' grandmother and great-grandmother were found dead in the living room. The 8-year-old boy was not hurt.
Stevens is behind held without bond on charges of felony murder, attempted felony murder, grand theft auto, robbery, and driving with a suspended license. He was just released from prison in July after serving a two year prison term for a host of convictions including sale of marijuana and battery on an inmate. Previously, he served three years for a carjacking he committed when he was 15.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan